BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW HOMES
WI ACT 211 now requires all building permit applications for new homes to be filed with the state.
To achieve this, the state has created an online application form that must be used when applying for a building permit for a “New Home”.
It is the responsibility of the permit puller to complete the application online. All plans and other documentation required for a permit will be given to the inspector in the usual manner.
Below are the instructions to access the form online. Follow along or simply skip to step #6 and click the link.
- Go to dsps.wi.gov
- On home page click on “A-Z Programs List“
- On the next page scroll down and click on “One- & Two-Family (Uniform Dwelling Code)“
- On the next page click on “Act 211 Electronic building permit system”
- On next page scroll down to “Permit Pullers”.
- In the paragraph you will see “to access the electronic building permit system, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
- Click there and follow the instructions to complete the application.
- Please note on the first page (Cautionary statement) you MUST check the “I agree” box to continue.
- ALL boxes with * must be filled in. If not, the application will not be accepted by the system.
- You will need ALL contractor information including name, address, license # and phone #. Make sure you have that prior to starting.
THIS IS ONLY FOR NEW HOME APPLICATIONS. ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS FOR ADDITIONS, ALTERATIONS OR ZONING PERMITS WILL BE HANDLED AS BEFORE.