Garbage and Recycling Center
All recyclable material is commingled in one container. Garbage dumpsters are provided for normal waste, not for waste from construction or remodeling. Containers are located on Stewart Road, off of County Highway H, just west of Postville Road.
Hours of Operation
Saturday Mornings – 8:00AM to Noon
Wednesday Evenings – 5:00pm to 7:00pm (All Year)
Christmas and New Year’s Day: CLOSED
Special Hours on these two Wednesdays:
Wednesday, December 29 4pm – 7pm
Wednesday, January 5th 4pm – 7pm
Need a Window Hang Tag? New and Existing Residents. Please visit the Garbage & Recycling center during operational hours and ask the attendant for a new or replacement window hang tag for your vehicle.
Clean Sweep! See https://townofyork.org/green-county-clean-sweep-program-5-01-10-30-2021/ — for the Green County Clean Sweep program information.
Materials to be recycled and how to handle them:
COMMERCIAL RECYCLING LIST 08-2012
In addition to the usual recyclables, we are now accepting the following items for recycling:
- Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLʼs)
- 2ʼ, 4ʼ, and 8ʼ fluorescent bulbs
- Dry cell batteries, including rechargeable, cell phone batteries, and power tool batteries.
Containers for these are in the attendantʼs shed. Steel items may be put in Behr salvage dumpsters We DO NOT accept any of the following:
- Stereos, or other electronic equipment
- Kitchen or household electronic appliances, except dryers and dishwashers
- Construction Waste
- Plastic oil & gasoline bottles
Other recycling locations & what they will accept:
- File 13 E-Waste Solutions
- Verona: computers, TVʼs, microwaves, printers, cell phones, monitors
- Best Buy & other electronics retailers: cell phones, computers, etc
- Behr Salvage, Monroe (cars, steel, aluminum, appliances if freon removed)
- Local tire dealers: tires
Wisconsin’s electronics recycling law establishes a statewide recycling program administered by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR). The program, called E-Cycle Wisconsin, puts in place a system to collect and recycle discarded electronics from Wisconsin households, K-12 public schools and Milwaukee Parental Choice Program schools. To read more about e-cycle Wisconsin please click the following links from the State of Wisconsin DNR. http://dnr.wi.gov/files/pdf/pubs/wa/wa1427.pdf http://dnr.wi.gov/files/pdf/pubs/wa/wa1426.pdf